Why you need to clean up your FB profile now!
facebook (Photo credit: sitmonkeysupreme)
Most of you have probably seen some of your FB friends with the new timeline layout (huge horizontal profile picture) but you didn’t think it had anything to do with you, WRONG!
All FB profiles will be changed to the Timeline style this month!
This means that every single post you have made since you’ve been on FB will be easily viewable by year. So it will be very easy for individuals to see every post, picture, video that you posted or were tagged going back to the first day you started on Facebook :O.
How do I control who can see my profile (Timeline)?
Here’s an overview of who can see what on your profile (timeline) and tools you can use to control what you share.
- You choose who can see basic information like your hometown or birthday right when you edit your profile (timeline). Click the Edit button at the top right corner of the page, then use the audience selector next to each piece of information to choose who can see that info.
- Anyone can see your public information, which includes your name, profile picture, gender, username, user ID (account number), and networks (learn why).
- Only you and your friends can post to your Wall (timeline). When you post something, you can control who sees it by using the audience selector. When friends post, whether people can see it depends on your Wall (timeline) privacy setting selection.
- As you edit your profile information, you can control who sees it by using the audience selector.
- Before photos and posts that you’re tagged in appear on your profile (timeline), you can approve or reject them by turning on Profile (Timeline) Review.
- To choose who can see your tagged photos and posts after they appear on your profile (timeline), use the Profile (Timeline) Visibility privacy setting.
- To see exactly what your profile (timeline) looks like to other people, use the View As tool.
- Prepare Yourself for the Facebook Timeline Launch! (newmediarockstars.com)
- Ways to Protect Your Privacy on Facebook Timeline (theapptimes.com)
- How to Control Posting and Tagging on Your Timeline (faebook.org)