The Enterprise Middleware Services team is looking for a Senior Middleware Engineer to fill an immediate need. This individual will lead projects to enhance the existing shared Middleware environments as well as build the next generation Middleware frameworks focused on delivering faster provisioning, dynamic scaling and improved resiliency.
The role will also involve mentoring members of the Middleware teams and refining technical and customer service skills. Candidate will provide in-depth consulting to IT management and staff at the highest technical level in the identification, evaluation, implementation/integration, and testing of new operating system software products.
The candidate will also represent the Enterprise Middleware Services team and provide architectural guidance and technical direction to the PMO. The individual will oversee the implementation of projects and act as a liaison with other technical teams at Northern Trust.
Knowledge/Skills Extensive knowledge of infrastructure and software alternatives, the client area’s functions and systems, strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management.
• 10+ years of overall IT experience
• 5+ years of Apache Kafka. Confluent experience a plus.
• 3+ years of experience with building and deploying applications in PaaS (Platform as a Service) and DevOps/Automation technologies
• 3+ years of development and architecture experience using Cloud/Open Source Technologies such as Docker EE, Kubernetes, Netflix OSS, Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, etc.)
• 8+ experience in architecting and building infrastructures hosting multiple applications in a large enterprise environment
• Experience in event-driven and stream processing architecture and development
• Expert knowledge of middleware architectural and design patterns and best practices
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills Major Duties
• Provide lead subject matter expertise in the deployment of Confluent Enterprise – Apache Kafka within the company environment.
•Physical Deployment across multiple environments.
• Optimize and Tune.
• Guide User Development and Training overviews for supporting teams.
• Provide troubleshooting and best practices methodology for development teams. This includes process automation and new application onboarding.
• Design monitoring solutions and baseline statistics reporting to support the implementation.
• Analyze and develop technology solutions based on customer requirements.
• Build and implement middleware products to meet business demands.
• Work with Developers and Architects in developing middleware configurations based on requirements.
• Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware.
• Develop Roadmap, Standards and Patterns and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades.
• Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
• 24/7/365 on call availability
• Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of middleware components.
• Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
• Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and enhancement of middleware applications.
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of other tasks as defined by the IT Middleware Manager
• Serves as an expert resource or go to person within the group
Job Title: Sr. Site Reliability – Senior Application Software Engineer Recruiter Note: Thanks to taking a look at this Sr....Apply For This Job