Start Recruiting Like A Marketing Pro
Start Recruiting Like A Marketing Professional
My journey up the funnel continues; from recruiter to sourcer, and from sourcer to professional marketer. Here are some lessons learned.
If every recruiter and recruiting manager started their own little online business, they would quickly learn a few things (hopefully). Here is what I have learned in the last two years with my online recruiting business.
- The money is in the list! Yes, email marketing is still the #1 way to make money with online ventures.
- It's very hard to get people to give you their email address and grow your list. So when you get it - treat emails like gold.
- If you are spending money on online advertising (which you should), never send visitors to your homepage! Paid ads will eat your budget quick! Build a web page dedicated to educating and eventually moving prospects thru the buyer journey for your product or service. We call these pages "landing pages" or "squeeze pages".
- Only about 3% (or less) of the people that visit your site and that are on your list are in the market for what you are selling at the moment. Create a lead nurturing campaign that keeps your list engaged over time. This process needs to be automated.
- You are not a professional marketer. What looks and sounds good to you is probably not going to sell. So test every subject line, every email, every pic, every web page, etc; and optimize messages for conversion.
Now that I have saved you about $10,000 and a ton of frustration, how can we use this knowledge to become better at what we do? Watch the video.